[openstack-dev] [glance] Replication on image create

Boden Russell bodenvmw at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 14:39:25 UTC 2015

> On 1/15/15 12:59 AM, Flavio Percoco wrote:
> All that being said, it'd be very nice if you could open a spec on
> this topic so we can discuss over the spec review and one of us (or
> you) can implement it if we reach consensus.

I'll create a BP + spec; doing a little homework now...

W / R / T the async task plugins -- are there plans to make the task
definitions more pluggable? Based on what I see right now it appears the
definitions are static[1].

I was expecting to see the list of "applicable" tasks to be defined via
stevedore entry points or via conf file properties.

e.g.
[entry_points]
glance.async.tasks =
	import = glance.common.scripts.image_import
	replicate = glance.common.scripts.image_repl
	# etc...

Perhaps there's already a BP on this topic, but I didn't find one.

Thanks

[1]
https://github.com/openstack/glance/blob/master/glance/domain/__init__.py#L316