[openstack-dev] OpenStack Rating-Charging-Billing first micro-service public release

Piyush Harsh harh at zhaw.ch
Mon Jan 19 10:09:01 UTC 2015

Dear All,

It is my pleasure to announce that ICCLab at Zurich University of
Applied Sciences, is releasing the first micro-service (UDR - Usage
Data Record) of the rating-charging-billing platform for cloud
providers under Apache 2.0 License.

The salient features of this (UDR micro-service) release are -
  * Usage data records generation using OpenStack Telemetry
  * Persistence in time-series database Influxdb
  * Usage visualization with Grafana
  * Application self-monitoring & alerting through Sensu and Uchiwa
  * RESTful APIs to send in external non-openstack usage data (think
from PaaS & SaaS platforms)

Very soon, we will add proper authentication and authorization using
OAuth protocol support in OpenAM. Support for other popular
authorization platforms will be added.

Other micro-services will provide support for dynamic rating and
support for complex rules through rule engine, adaptive billing etc.

For complete details of this release and timelines for other
micro-services, please see http://icclab.github.io/cyclops/

We at ICCLab are looking for community contributors for this project,
if you are interested please contact Srikanta Patanjali (pata at zhaw.ch)
or Piyush Harsh (harh at zhaw.ch) .

Constructive comments are most welcome.

Kind regards,
Piyush.

Dr. Piyush Harsh, Ph.D.
Researcher, InIT Cloud Computing Lab
Zurich University of Applied Sciences (ZHAW)
[Site] http://piyush-harsh.info
[Research Lab] blog.zhaw.ch/icclab
Fax: +41(0)58.935.7403 GPG Keyid: 9C5A8838