[openstack-dev] [TEMPEST] doubts regarding tempest

Abhishek Talwar/HYD/TCS abhishek.talwar at tcs.com
Sun Jan 18 07:50:01 UTC 2015

Hi,

I have some doubts regarding tempest.

Q1. How can we debug test cases in OpenStack ? (We can debug the code through import pdb but the same doesn't work for test cases and we have a bdb quit error)Q2. Suppose I need to add a test case in the tempest suite how can I do that ?Q3. Whenever we run run_tests.sh script where does it first hit and how does the tests cases start running ?Q4. As it is said that tempest interacts only with the OpenStack Rest Api's , then how are the test cases for the various clients run, by clients here I mean the python-novaclient,keystoneclient etc.

--
Thanks and Regards
Abhishek Talwar