[openstack-dev] How to debug test cases in Openstack

Adam Young ayoung at redhat.com
Fri Jan 16 16:44:18 UTC 2015

On 01/16/2015 12:37 AM, Abhishek Talwar/HYD/TCS wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been trying to debug the test cases in OpenStack, but I am not
> getting successful with it. So if someone can help me with that. The
> last response from the dev-list was to use " $ ./run_tests.sh -d [test
> module path] " but this gives bDb quit error.

Depends on the project.  The majority of the projects have moved over to
using tox.  In Keystone, tox will run everything, which might be to much;

tox -epy27

is usually what I run for unit tests and

tox -epep8

explicitly for pep8 testing.

To run a specific file full of tests:

  tox -e py27 test_v3_auth

works as does

tox -e py27 keysteon.tests.test_v3_auth.TestPKIZTokenAPIs