[openstack-dev] [Keystone][Horizon] User self registration and management

David Chadwick d.w.chadwick at kent.ac.uk
Thu Jan 15 08:20:19 UTC 2015

Hi Adrian

Morgan is right in saying that an external IdP would solve many of your
user management problems, but then of course, you will be using
federated keystone  which you seem reluctant to do :-) However, if you
have an IdP under your full control then you can allow users to self
register and reset their passwords.

The next problem you will then face, is user authorisation - as opposed
to user authentication. The VO roles blueprint that we have worked on
addresses the authorisation problem. So when you are ready for this, let
me know

regards

David