[openstack-dev] [Telco] [NFV] [neutron][advancedservices][group-based-policy] Service function chaining

Steve Gordon sgordon at redhat.com
Wed Jan 14 21:09:21 UTC 2015

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Zhipeng Huang" <zhipengh512 at gmail.com>
>
> Hi Yuriy,
>
> FYI there is a project proposal on opnfv wiki on this issue:
> https://wiki.opnfv.org/requirements_projects/openstack_based_vnf_forwarding_graph

Hi Zhipeng,

The OPNFV project page you linked mentions that it is dependent on current development work for Policy Based Specification of Service Chaining [1] and Service Instance Registration & Integration [2] "targeted at the OpenStack Kilo release". I'm assuming this is in the context of the group-based-policy project - is anyone from the OPNFV side interacting with the project directly with a view to working on this?

Thanks,

Steve

[1] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/group-based-policy/+spec/group-based-policy-service-chaining
[2] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/group-based-policy/+spec/service-registration-and-integration

> On Wed, Jan 7, 2015 at 12:22 AM, <Yuriy.Babenko at telekom.de> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > as discussed per last IRC meeting we prepared first thoughts on the
> > requirements on Service Function Chaining (SFC) and relevant use-case.
> >
> > We have an etherpad for initial draft ideas. Later on we should move it to
> > wiki.
> >
> > All comments are very welcome.
> >
> > https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/kKIqu2ipN6
> >
> > Best,
> > Yuriy
> > Deutsche Telekom

> --
> Zhipeng (Howard) Huang
>
> Standard Engineer
> IT Standard & Patent/IT Prooduct Line
> Huawei Technologies Co,. Ltd
> Email: huangzhipeng at huawei.com
> Office: Huawei Industrial Base, Longgang, Shenzhen
>
> (Previous)
> Research Assistant
> Mobile Ad-Hoc Network Lab, Calit2
> University of California, Irvine
> Email: zhipengh at uci.edu
> Office: Calit2 Building Room 2402
>
> OpenStack, OpenDaylight, OpenCompute affcienado

Steve Gordon, RHCE
Sr. Technical Product Manager,
Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform