[openstack-dev] [TripleO] nominating James Polley for tripleo-core

Clint Byrum clint at fewbar.com
Wed Jan 14 21:07:05 UTC 2015

Excerpts from James Polley's message of 2015-01-14 12:46:37 -0800:
> Thanks for the nomination Clint (and +1s from people who have already
> responded)
>
> At this stage, I believe we've traditionally[1] asked[2] the potential new
> Core Reviewer to commit to 3 reviews per work-day.
>
> I don't feel that that's a commitment I can make at this point. It's not
> something I've been able to achieve in the past - I've come close over the
> last 30 days, but the 90 day report shows me barely above 2 per day. I
> think my current throughput is something I can commit to maintaining, and
> I'd like to think that it can grow over time; but I don't think I can
> commit to doing anything more than I've already been able to do.
>
> If the rest of the core reviewers think I'm still making a valuable
> contribution, I'm more than happy to accept this nomination.

IMO we need to re-evaluate that requirement. None of us has done a great
job at sustaining it, however as a team we've managed to at least get
enough reviews done to keep the tubes flowing. I know that at one point
we got really backed up, but what solved that was a combination of a few
less patches getting submitted (probably because of the long wait time)
and a few more reviewers being added. So having more good reviewers like
yourself seems more important than having more perfect reviewers.

Also the main reason for wanting people to do 3 per day is to maintain
familiarity with the code. I think you've been able to remain familiar
with your traditional rate just fine.