[openstack-dev] [horizon] static files handling, bower/

Matthew Farina matt at mattfarina.com
Wed Jan 14 16:14:25 UTC 2015

I think we're discussing two different situations with slightly different
requirements.

First, there is development and test. I believe the stated goal is to have
node.js here. Would an environment not supporting node.js be needed for
development or testing? Note, the JavaScript under test and to be executed
by users is in browser rather than server side. The important execution
environment is in their browser.

The second environment is production. In that case the system packages
would be used. What's still unclear is who creates and maintains those
packages since many of them don't exist today.