[openstack-dev] [Glance] IRC logging

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Wed Jan 14 10:09:57 UTC 2015

John Griffith wrote:
> Also just to reiterate something that Sean pointed out that's bugged
> me for a while.... proliferation of channels and what I view as
> limited usage of openstack-dev.  Honestly I think it's more
> detrimental to have all the silos of communication going on as opposed
> to all of us actually working together in openstack-dev.  Sub channels
> are great, but I think there are folks solving problems in their
> specific project that likely have already been solved elsewhere.  Sure
> there's conversations that belong in a sub-channel but honestly maybe
> more should start in the dev channel and progress from there.

At this point openstack-dev is only used for two things: cross-project
discussions, and as a general directory of who is online. The second
usage is fading as people no longer systematically join that channel.

It's difficult to go back to a single channel, or to split discussions
between the general channel and the team-oriented one. I would also like
more activity on #openstack-dev, but I'm not sure how to trigger that.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)