[openstack-dev] [tc][python-clients] More freedom for all python clients

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Tue Jan 13 16:47:54 UTC 2015

On 2015-01-13 19:53:28 +0400 (+0400), Boris Pavlovic wrote:
[...]
> P.S. It's sad that in one thread we are talking about making Big
> Tenant and how it is cool  to remove programs. In another we are
> blocking adding python clients from projects  that are not Core
> and suggesting another making incompatible with OpenStack.

The "big tent" proposal is not just a free-for-all, and will entail
most of the same barriers to entry for officialness as you currently
see for programs (aside from "addresses similar needs as a current
official team"). Quality control and selectiveness of design will
still be extremely important, and I don't see our
openstack/requirements tooling, workflow and choices changing
significantly in the face of that.
--
Jeremy Stanley