[openstack-dev] [Nova] Kilo Release Status - just passed spec freeze

Neil Jerram Neil.Jerram at metaswitch.com
Tue Jan 13 14:32:55 UTC 2015

John Garbutt <john at johngarbutt.com> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> With the release of kilo-1 we have frozen the approval of new specs for kilo.
>
> This is to make sure we can focus on our agreed kilo priorities:
> http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/nova-specs/priorities/kilo-priorities.html
>
> As always, there are exceptions, here is how:
>
> 1) email ML, "[nova] Request Spec Freeze Exception" in the subject
> 2) nova-drivers will review the spec in gerrit, at normal
> 3) either the spec gets a -2 for kilo, or the spec gets approved, in
> the usual way

Hi John,

Do I need to follow this process for
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/130732/ ?  This spec was approved as of
Patch Set 7, but with some requests for minor clarifications to the
text.  When I uploaded Patch Sets 8 and 9, to make those clarifications,
it appears that those approvals were lost.

Hence I'm not clear what the situation now is - please could you advise?

> Hopefully that helps clear things up. Catch me on IRC for questions.

Ah, OK, I'll do that too!  Also planning to attend the Nova meeting on
Thursday, in case that's the right forum to discuss this.

Many thanks,
     Neil