[openstack-dev] Fw: [Heat] Enhancement on addition to heat template with glance

Anusha Rayani anusha.rayani at tcs.com
Tue Jan 13 12:20:57 UTC 2015

 Hello Steve,

Thanks for your response.

Yes,we do have an resource class defined in Heat to upload an image, but in this case we can only use the image from URL where as using --file  option to glance image-create we can upload a disk image from local filesystem to glance.

$ glance image-create
  --file <FILE>         Local file that contains disk image to be uploaded
                        during creation. Alternatively, images can be passed
                        to the client via stdin.

However GlanceImage class has only an option to upload the image from location/URL.

Thanks,
Anusha Rayani
 Tata Consultancy Services
 Cell:- 9703299907
 Mailto: anusha.rayani at tcs.com
 Website: http://www.tcs.com

On Tue, Jan 13, 2015 at 03:33:09PM +0530, Anusha Rayani wrote:
>    Hello All,
>
>    I would like to implement glance image upload based on the path given from
>    the HOT template.

You may need to provide more details - heat already accepts a location
property?

https://github.com/openstack/heat/blob/master/heat/engine/resources/glance_image.py#L97

If you have an image locally, you probably need to either make it available
via a web server or upload it to swift, then pass the URL to heat.

It doesn't really make sense to upload the entire image via heat from a
local path, if that's what you mean?

Steve

and any attachments. Thank you