[openstack-dev] [Fuel] Lack of additional setup on 10Gbit interfaces.

Dmitry Borodaenko dborodaenko at mirantis.com
Mon Jan 12 22:31:11 UTC 2015

Hi Piotr,

Thanks for writing up a detailed summary of the problem! At the
moment, we have a way to set MTU using Fuel CLI [0] and a blueprint to
add this functionality to Fuel Web UI [1]

[0] http://docs.mirantis.com/openstack/fuel/fuel-6.0/reference-architecture.html#adjust-the-network-configuration-via-cli
[1] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/fuel/+spec/set-mtu-for-interfaces

I'm not sure it's safe to assume that if you have a 10G NICs the rest
of your network is going to support jumbo frames, do you think simply
being able to set MTU explicitly (when you know for a fact that
particular MTU value works) would be good enough of a solution?

Dmitry Borodaenko