[openstack-dev] [nova][NFV][qa][Telco] Testing NUMA, CPU pinning and large pages

Marc Koderer marc at koderer.com
Mon Jan 12 13:47:19 UTC 2015

Hi Vladik,

I added the [Telco] tag.
see below..

Am 12.01.2015 um 03:02 schrieb Vladik Romanovsky <vladik.romanovsky at enovance.com>:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Following Steve Gordon's email [1], regarding CI for NUMA, SR-IOV, and other
> features, I'd like to start a discussion about the NUMA testing in particular.
>
> Recently we have started a work to test some of these features.
> The current plan is to use the functional tests, in the Nova tree, to exercise
> the code paths for NFV use cases. In general, these will contain tests
> to cover various scenarios regarding NUMA, CPU pinning, large pages and
> validate a correct placement/scheduling.

I think we need to determine where these patches are belonging to.
So IMHO Nova tree makes sense. But I am unsure if Tempest is the right place.
I would say all tests with a general propose can be located in Tempest
especially scenario tests.

Since we are already planning to have a external CI system it would make
sense to keep them somewhere outside and use the tempest lib (when ready).

Regards
Marc