[openstack-dev] [Fuel] update existing plugin and add new ones

Anton Zemlyanov azemlyanov at mirantis.com
Mon Jan 12 08:56:54 UTC 2015

There was a discussion on whether to put all the fuel plugins into the
single repository or have them separate. The problems with all the fuel
plugins in single repository are following:

- it is impossible to make a branch on a single plugin, branch is applied
to the whole repository and all the plugins
- plugins may have different release cycles, we will get lots of
unnecessary merges/rebases
- rebasing can be a pain. If I have a branch, I have to rebase when some
other plugins change
- there should be someone who manage merging to master, the person who
"owns" all the plugins

Having all the plugins in single repository will cause interference. if I
do some plugin, I have to consider what developers of other plugins do.

Anton