[openstack-dev] [trove] confused about trove-guestagent need nova's auth info

Mark Kirkwood mark.kirkwood at catalyst.net.nz
Sun Jan 11 09:43:07 UTC 2015

On 11/01/15 22:25, Denis Makogon wrote:

> Guest agent doesn't need configuration options described above. IIRC,
> only taskmanager needs them.

Right - so we need to update the default config files and doco - as they
have them in there.

> About passing auth data. What are those benefits of changing the way in
> which auth data is shipped? If you still think of security risks - you
> may use SSL protocol that is available in most of messaging services.

I guessing the original poster was thinking along these lines: breaking
into the image gives the tenant access to privileged passwords. Whether
the communication is SSL or not is another (interesting) factor.

Regards

Mark