[openstack-dev] Vancouver Design Summit format changes

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Fri Jan 9 17:30:56 UTC 2015

sean roberts wrote:
> I like it. Thank you for coming up with improvements to the
> summit planning. One caveat on the definition of project for summit
> space. Which projects get considered for space is always difficult. Who
> is going to fill the rooms they request or are they going to have them
> mostly empty? I'm sure the TC can figure it out by looking at the number
> of contributors or something like that. I would however, like to know a
> bit more of your plan for this specific part of the proposal sooner than
> later.

That would be "any OpenStack project", with the project structure reform
hopefully completed by then. That would likely let projects that were
previously in the "other projects" track have time to apply and to be
considered full Design Summit citizens. The presence of a busy "other
projects" track to cover for unofficial projects in previous summits
really was an early sign that something was wrong with our definition of
"OpenStack projects" anyway :)

Now I expect the TC to split the limited resources following metrics
like team size and development activity. Small projects might end up
having just a couple sessions in mostly-empty rooms, yes... still better
than not giving space at all.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)