[openstack-dev] [nova] reckoning time for nova ec2 stack

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Fri Jan 9 14:11:50 UTC 2015

boto 2.35.0 just released, and makes hmac-v4 authentication mandatory
for EC2 end points (it has been optionally supported for a long time).

Nova's EC2 implementation does not do this.

The short term approach is to pin boto -
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/146049/, which I think is a fine long
term fix for stable/, but in master not supporting new boto, which
people are likely to deploy, doesn't really seem like an option.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/tempest/+bug/1408987 is the bug.

I don't think shipping an EC2 API in Kilo that doesn't work with recent
boto is a thing Nova should do. Do we have volunteers to step up and fix
this, or do we need to get more aggressive about deprecating this interface?

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague
http://dague.net