[openstack-dev] [stable] Stable branch status and proposed stable-maint members mentoring

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Fri Jan 9 10:44:25 UTC 2015

Hi stable-maint people,

We seem to still have a number of issues with stable branch in the gate,
both in Icehouse and Juno. I'd like to help where I can but I have a bit
of a hard time tracking down the remaining failures and things that have
already been worked on (we really need a dashboard there...)

Ihar & Adam: as Icehouse and Juno champions, could you post a quick
status update here, and let us know where the rest of us can help ?

In the future, how could we better communicate on that ? Should we make
more use of #openstack-stable to communicate on issues and progress ?
Should we set up a Stable status wiki page ?

Another topic is the mentoring of new propose $PROJECT-stable-maint
members. We have a number of proposed people to contact and introduce
the stable branch policy to (before we add them to the group):

Erno Kuvaja (glance-stable-maint)
Amrith Kumar (trove-stable-maint)
Lin-Hua Cheng (horizon-stable-maint)

Is someone in stable-maint-core interested in reaching out to them ? If
not I'll probably handle that.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)