[openstack-dev] [horizon] packaging problem production build question

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu Jan 8 22:25:34 UTC 2015

On 2015-01-08 15:11:24 -0700 (-0700), David Lyle wrote:
[...]
> For those running CI environments, remote access will likely be
> required for bower to work. Although, it seems something like
> private-bower [1] could be utilized to leverage a local mirror
> where access or network performance are issues.
[...]

There's a very good chance we'll want to do something similar for
the official OpenStack CI jobs as well. We already go to extreme
lengths to pre-cache and locally mirror things which software would
otherwise try to retrieve from random parts of the Internet during
setup for tests. If your software retrieves files from 10 random
places over the network, the chances of your job failing because of
one of them being offline is multiplied by 10. As that number grows,
so grows your lack of testability.
--
Jeremy Stanley