[openstack-dev] [stable][neutron] minimal dnsmasq version

Carl Baldwin carl at ecbaldwin.net
Thu Jan 8 16:53:24 UTC 2015

On Wed, Jan 7, 2015 at 9:25 PM, Kevin Benton <blak111 at gmail.com> wrote:
> If the new requirement is expressed in the neutron packages for the distro,
> wouldn't it be transparent to the operators?

I think the difficulty first lies with the distros.  If the required
new version isn't in an older version of the distro (e.g. Ubuntu
12.04) it may not be possible to update the new distro packages with
the new dependency.

If the distros are unable to provide the upgrade nicely to the
operators this is where it becomes difficult on operators because they
would have to go out of band to upgrade.

Carl