[openstack-dev] [TripleO][keystone] default region name

Steven Dake sdake at redhat.com
Thu Jan 8 13:28:57 UTC 2015

On 01/07/2015 10:21 PM, Zhou, Zhenzan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know why TripleO uses "regionOne" as default region name? A comment in the code says it's the default keystone uses.

Zhenzan,

I was going to point you here:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone/+bug/1400589

But I see you already had commented in that bug.

I had submitted a review request to improve the documentation for Ironic
here:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/139842/

As to why the keystone client uses regionOne as a default, the
conclusion of the above review request essentially indicates Keystone is
broken in some way.  Note I didn't root cause 1400589 so the conclusion
of the review 139842 could be incorrect.

Regards
-steve