[openstack-dev] [Ironic] ironic-discoverd status update

Dmitry Tantsur dtantsur at redhat.com
Thu Jan 8 09:19:28 UTC 2015

On 01/08/2015 06:48 AM, Kumar, Om (Cloud OS R&D) wrote:
> My understanding of discovery was to get all details for a node and then register that node to ironic. i.e. Enrollment of the node to ironic. Pardon me if it was out of line with your understanding of discovery.
That's why we agreed to use terms inspection/introspection :) sorry for
not being consistent here (name 'discoverd' is pretty old and hard to
change).

discoverd does not enroll nodes. while possible, I'm somewhat resistant
to make it do enrolling, mostly because I want it to be user-controlled
process.

> What I understand from the below mentioned spec is that the Node is registered, but the spec will help ironic discover other properties of the node.
that's what discoverd does currently.