[openstack-dev] [neutron][AdvancedServices] Confusion about the solution of the service chaining!

lv.erchun at zte.com.cn lv.erchun at zte.com.cn
Wed Jan 7 12:25:55 UTC 2015

Hi,
I want to confirm that how is the project about "Neutron Services
Insertion, Chaining, and Steering" going, I found that all the code
implementation about service insertion、service chaining and traffic
steering list in JunoPlan were Abandoned .
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Neutron/AdvancedServices/JunoPlan

and I also found that we have a new project about GBP and
group-based-policy-service-chaining be located at:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/group-based-policy/+spec/group-based-policy-abstraction
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/group-based-policy/+spec/group-based-policy-service-chaining

so I'm confused with solution of the service chaining.

We are developing the service chaining feature, so we need to know which
one is the neutron's choice. Are the blueprints about the service
insertion, service chaining and traffic steering list in JunoPlan all
Abandoned ?

BR
Alan

ZTE Information Security Notice: The information contained in this mail (and any attachment transmitted herewith) is privileged and confidential and is intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s).  If you are not an intended recipient, any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or other dissemination or use of the information contained is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this mail in error, please delete it and notify us immediately.