[openstack-dev] [Keystone] Should region name be case insensitive?

Zhou, Zhenzan zhenzan.zhou at intel.com
Wed Jan 7 08:39:49 UTC 2015

Hi,

I meet such an issue when using glance/nova client deployed with Devstack to talk with a cloud deployed with TripleO:

[minicloud at minicloud allinone]$ glance image-list
public endpoint for image service in RegionOne region not found

The reason is that Devstack uses “RegionOne” as default but TripleO uses “regionOne” and
keystoneclient/service_catalog.py: get_endpoints() does a case sensitive string compare.

I’m not a DB expert but normally database does case insensitive collation, so should we use do case insensitive compare here?
Thanks a lot.

BR
Zhou Zhenzan