[openstack-dev] [Fuel] update existing plugin and add new ones

Christopher Aedo caedo at mirantis.com
Tue Jan 6 19:55:05 UTC 2015

On Tue, Jan 6, 2015 at 7:00 AM,  <samuel.bartel at orange.com> wrote:
> Actually there is two different fuel plugins git repositories. One in
> stackforge and the other in mirantis:
>
> https://github.com/stackforge/fuel-plugins
Stackforge plug-ins - used for plug-ins developed by Fuel Core team.

> https://github.com/Mirantis/fuel-plugins
Mirantis plug-ins - used for plug-ins developed by Partner
Integrations and MOS teams.

> it is a little bit confusing. Why needing two different repositories?

Samuel, I agree, it is confusing.  From what I see the repo on
stackforge is the one that matters from the perspective of someone
building a new plugin.  For those just looking to download and use a
plug-in, the directory of certified and non-certified plug-ins for
Fuel will live here:
https://software.mirantis.com/download-mirantis-openstack-fuel-plug-ins/

All the details around developing and certifying a plug-in can be found here:
https://software.mirantis.com/download-mirantis-openstack-fuel-plug-ins/
Feedback on improving the docs is greatly appreciated!

> How are going to be manage version? There is a stable/6.0 branch from
> stackforge repo but not mirantis one
Since plugins are developed and built outside Fuel, the plugins have
their own versions (see metadata.yaml file).

I expect we will make things a little clearer in the weeks to come,
but please share your feedback and thoughts on how to make this work
better.  Thanks!

-Christopher