[openstack-dev] [Neutron][L3] Stop agent scheduling without stopping sevices

Itsuro ODA oda at valinux.co.jp
Mon Jan 5 23:13:19 UTC 2015

Neutron experts,

I want to stop scheduling to a specific {dhcp|l3}_agent without
stopping router/dhcp services on it.
I expected setting admin_state_up of the agent to False is met
this demand. But this operation stops all services on the agent
in actuality. (Is this behavior intended ? It seems there is no
document for agent API.)

I think admin_state_up of agents should affect only scheduling.
If it is accepted I will submit a bug report and make a fix.

Or should I propose a blueprint for adding function to stop
agent's scheduling without stopping services on it ?

I'd like to hear neutron experts' suggestions.

Thanks.
Itsuro Oda
--
Itsuro ODA <oda at valinux.co.jp>