[openstack-dev] [qa] Using DevStack for multi-node setup

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Mon Jan 5 13:20:48 UTC 2015

On 01/03/2015 04:41 PM, Danny Choi (dannchoi) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I’m using DevStack to deploy OpenStack on a multi-node setup:
> Controller, Network, Compute as 3 separate nodes
>
> Since the Controller node is stacked first, during which the Network
> node is not yet ready, it fails to create the router instance and the
> public network.
> Both have to be created manually.
>
> Is this the expected behavior?  Is there a workaround to have DevStack
> create them?

The only way folks tend to run multinode devstack is Controller +
Compute nodes. And that sequence of creating an all in one controller,
plus additional compute nodes later, works.

Also, when running multi host (at least for nova network) we're
explicitly specifying host level direct networking, so there wouldn't be
a network node.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague