[openstack-dev] [Glance] IRC logging

Cindy Pallares cpallares at redhat.com
Mon Jan 5 11:42:02 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I would like to re-open the discussion on IRC logging for the glance
channel. It was discussed on a meeting back in November[1], but it
didn't seem to have a lot of input from the community and it was not
discussed in the mailing list. A lot of information is exchanged through
the channel and it isn't accessible for people who occasionally come
into our channel from other projects, new contributors, and people who
don't want to be reached off-hours or don't have bouncers. Logging our
channel would  increase our community's transparency and make our
development discussions publicly accessible to contributors in all
time-zones and from other projects. It is very useful to look back on
the logs for previous discussions or as well as to refer people to
discussions or questions previously answered.

--Cindy

[1]
http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/glance/2014/glance.2014-11-13-20.03.log.html