[openstack-dev] [kolla][ironic][tripleo] Refactored heat-kubernetes templates

Steven Dake sdake at redhat.com
Fri Jan 2 19:32:50 UTC 2015

On 01/02/2015 08:39 AM, Lars Kellogg-Stedman wrote:
> Hello Kolla folks (et al),
>
> I've refactored the heat-kubernetes templates at
> https://github.com/larsks/heat-kubernetes to work with Centos Atomic
> Host and Fedora 21 Atomic, and to replace the homegrown overlay
> network solution with Flannel.
>
> These changes are available on the "master" branch.
>
> The previous version of the templates, which worked with F20 and
> included some Kolla-specific networking logic, is available in the
> "kolla" branch:
>
>    https://github.com/larsks/heat-kubernetes/tree/kolla

Lars,

Really great work!!

The only thing needed next is to sort out how these could work with
Ironic for bare metal deployment.  Currently these templates only
support virtualized non-baremetal deployments because of how their
networking configuration is done.  In an ideal world, it would be nice
to deploy kubernetes via Atomic+Heat on non-virt baremetal.

The thing to sort out for these templates regarding Ironic is really the
Networking part.  I'm not quite sure how the network configuration
should operate with a Heat template and a baremetal Nova flavor.

Regards
-steve