[openstack-dev] [Cinder] [Glance] [Swift] cinder upload-to-image creates image with 'queued' state

Timur Nurlygayanov tnurlygayanov at mirantis.com
Thu Jan 1 13:42:44 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I have the strange error with Cinder: I have several volumes (with 30-100
Gb size) and I want to create Glance images based on these volumes, but
when I execute

cinder upload-to-image --force true 0074d4a8-e4a1-4620-ae3e-40e46ea6eeef
volume002

I can see that this volume status changed to 'uploading' but in Glance I
can see the image with zero size and status 'queued' and it hangs in this
state.
I have checked Glance / Cinder logs, restarted Glance/Cinder/Swift/RabbitMQ
but it doesn't help.

I also found this bug:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/cinder/+bug/1298042
and I have applied fix, but it doesn't work.

I have several volumes and this issue reproduced for only part of my
volumes and I also can successfully upload images to Glance.
My environment: 3 hardware servers, OpenStack IceHouse, Cinder for volumes,
Swift file storage service for Glance images.

How I can debug this issue? (I have no any errors/exceptions in
Glance/Cinder/Swift logs)

Thank you!

--

Timur,