[openstack-dev] [Congress][Delegation] Initial workflow design

Huangyong (Oliver) oliver.huang at huawei.com
Sat Feb 28 02:34:51 UTC 2015

Hi Ruby,

      I agree with you on your point below
      The policy (warning) : when will it be evaluated? This should be done periodically? Then if the table has even one True entry, then the action should be to generate the LP, solve, activate the migrations etc.

ð  The “LP” cannot be generated when the VM-placement engine receives the policy snippet

     When we give multiple constraints and want get out solutions which meet all the constraints,  for example VM-Placement, there may cause a large amount of choices to be checked and filter.  In theory, this kind of problem belongs to NPC/NP hard.   Normally, quite a lot methods use SAT solver to do the work.
     I want to introduce Rule-X BP proposal of congress a little here. It is some kind of enhanced SAT solver which designed to solve this kind of problem.
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/congress/+spec/rule-x
We are planning give a presentation on the upcoming openstack summit in May,vancouver.  Present by John Strassner. Hope you are interest in it.

Best Regards,
Oliver
Huangyong (Oliver)
Network research, Huawei