[openstack-dev] [devstack] [Cinder-GlusterFS CI] centos7 gate job abrupt failures

Deepak Shetty dpkshetty at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 10:32:20 UTC 2015

On Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 11:48 PM, Deepak Shetty <dpkshetty at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 8:42 PM, Deepak Shetty <dpkshetty at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>> On Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 6:34 PM, Jeremy Stanley <fungi at yuggoth.org>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> On 2015-02-25 17:02:34 +0530 (+0530), Deepak Shetty wrote:
>>> [...]
>>>
>>> Well, if you re-ran the job on the same VM then the second result is
>>> potentially contaminated. Luckily this hypothesis can be confirmed
>>> by running the second test on a fresh VM in Rackspace.
>>>

>> Maybe true, but we did the same on hpcloud provider VM too and both time
>> it ran successfully with glusterfs as the cinder backend. Also before
>> starting
>> the 2nd run, we did unstack and saw that free memory did go back to 5G+
>> and then re-invoked your script, I believe the contamination could result
>> in some
>> additional testcase failures (which we did see) but shouldn't be related
>> whether system can OOM or not, since thats a runtime thing.
>>
>> I see that the VM is up again. We will execute the 2nd run afresh now and
>> update
>> here.
>>

> Ran tempest with configured with default backend i.e. LVM and was able to
> recreate
> the OOM issue, so running tempest without gluster against a fresh VM
> reliably
> recreates the OOM issue, snip below from syslog.
>
> Feb 25 16:58:37 devstack-centos7-rax-dfw-979654 kernel: glance-api invoked
> oom-killer: gfp_mask=0x201da, order=0, oom_score_adj=0
>
> Had a discussion with clarkb on IRC and given that F20 is discontinued,
> F21 has issues with tempest (under debug by ianw)
> and centos7 also has issues on rax (as evident from this thread), the only
> option left is to go with ubuntu based CI job, which
> BharatK is working on now.

Quick Update:

    Cinder-GlusterFS CI job on ubuntu was added (
https://review.openstack.org/159217)

We ran it 3 times against our stackforge repo patch @
https://review.openstack.org/159711
and it works fine (2 testcase failures, which are expected and we're
working towards fixing them)

For the logs of the 3 experimental runs, look @
http://logs.openstack.org/11/159711/1/experimental/gate-tempest-dsvm-full-glusterfs/

Of the 3 jobs, 1 was schedued on rax and 2 on hpcloud, so its working
nicely across
the different cloud providers.

thanx,
deepak