[openstack-dev] What's Up Doc? Feb 26 2015

Anne Gentle annegentle at justwriteclick.com
Fri Feb 27 01:51:43 UTC 2015

We held our doc team meeting this morning (sorry again for missing the
correct time) and you can read the minutes here:

http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/docteam/2015/docteam.2015-02-26-14.03.html

Here's more news that's fit to print:

__In review and merged__

110 patches merged this past week, nice work all.

__High priority doc work___

There's a great summary discussion about improving our reviews as a doc
team here, please read it to help address concerns with the review process:
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-docs/2015-February/005936.html

Andreas has revised the Vendor Drive specification and we plan to move
forward on it next week. See
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-docs/2015-February/005940.html
and https://review.openstack.org/133372. We want minimal
version-independent docs in the upstream documentation, and ideally full
documentation maintained by the vendor (either on the upstream site or
pointing to the vendor site). Please review by next Monday 3/2 and we'll
address any concerns. Thanks to everyone who gave input and especially the
driver authors who took care to explain their concerns as we worked on the
specification.

I've responded on the thread about revisiting the six month release cycle
and documentation with my concerns about metrics for defining doc
"doneness" -- please read and respond at
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2015-February/057909.html
.

__Ongoing doc work__

I triaged a handful of doc bugs in openstack-api-site so they're all
triaged now, but we are behind triaging openstack-manuals.

Also, both the openstack-manuals and openstack-api-site projects have 10%
of bugs in progress with over 750 bugs total. To compare to nova they have
16.5% in progress with over 1100 bugs, and neutron has 47% in progress with
over 800 bugs. We need to get our in progress higher by working on bugs.
Please consider doc bug work first.

__New incoming doc requests__

I've logged these incoming requests as doc bugs:

FWaaS WADL so it can be displayed on the API reference:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-api-site/+bug/1425658 (Thanks Sumit
for picking it up!)

VPNaaS WADL so it can be displayed on the API reference:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-api-site/+bug/1358179

Pointers to collections of good HOT templates:
 https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals/+bug/1425581

__Doc tools updates__

We're in the middle of our RST migration. We really need to know how the
translation testing is going. See
http://justwriteclick.com/2015/02/23/state-of-the-migration-to-sphinxrst/
for the latest report and ways you can help.

I'd like to do one more release of the clouddocs-maven-plugin prior to the
Juno release, and that should be our last one for a long time while we work
on the migrations away from DocBook and WADL.

--
Anne Gentle
annegentle at justwriteclick.com