[openstack-dev] [stable][all] Revisiting the 6 month release cycle [metrics]

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Thu Feb 26 22:51:34 UTC 2015

On Fri, Feb 27, 2015 at 9:41 AM, Stefano Maffulli <stefano at openstack.org> wrote:

> Does it make sense to purge old stuff regularly so we have a better
> overview? Or maybe we should chart a distribution of age of proposed
> changesets, too in order to get a better understanding of where the
> outliers are?

Given the abandon of a review isn't binding (a proposer can easily
unabandon), I do think we should abandon more than we do now. The
problem at the moment being that its a manual process which isn't much
fun for the person doing the work.

Another factor to consider here is that abandoned patches against bugs
make the bug look like someone is working on a fix, which probably
isn't the case.

Nova has been trying some very specific things to try and address
these issues, and I think we're improving. Those things are:

* specs
* priority features
* trivial patch monkeying

We will continue to seek further ways to improve our throughput.

Michael

--
Rackspace Australia