[openstack-dev] [neutron] ML2 versus core plugin for OVN

Kevin Benton blak111 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 19:51:42 UTC 2015

The fact that a system doesn't use a neutron agent is not a good
justification for monolithic vs driver. The VLAN drivers co-exist with OVS
just fine when using VLAN encapsulation even though some are agent-less.

There is a missing way to coordinate connectivity with tunnel networks
across drivers, but that doesn't mean you can't run multiple drivers to
handle different types or just to provide additional features (auditing,
more access control, etc).