[openstack-dev] [all] Re-evaluating the suitability of the 6 month release cycle

Kashyap Chamarthy kchamart at redhat.com
Wed Feb 25 09:34:14 UTC 2015

On Tue, Feb 24, 2015 at 10:02:36PM -0800, Mark Atwood wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 24, 2015, at 04:28, Kashyap Chamarthy wrote:
> >
> > Along with the below, if push comes to shove, OpenStack Foundation could
> > probably try a milder variant (obviously, not all activities can be
> > categorized as 'critical path') of Linux Foundation's "Critical
> > Infrastructure Protection Initiative"[1] to fund certain project
> > activities in need.
>
> Speaking as a person who sits on the LF CII board meetings,
> and helps turn the crank on that particular sausage mill,
> no, we really don't want to go down that path at this point in
> time.

I didn't imply to do an _exact_ version of LF's CII. Given so much of
interest in OpenStack, vendors/interested parties must (yes) maintain a
balance between giving vs taking from the community. And, they should be
provided ample information on _where_ they can target people/engineers
(Dan Berrange noted this too in one of his responses in this thread).

--
/kashyap