[openstack-dev] [Neutron] FWaaS - question about drivers

Sumit Naiksatam sumitnaiksatam at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 22:44:21 UTC 2015

Inline...

On Wed, Feb 18, 2015 at 7:48 PM, Vikram Choudhary
<vikram.choudhary at huawei.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> You can write your own driver. You can refer to below links for getting some idea about the architecture.
>
> https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Neutron/ServiceTypeFramework

This is a legacy construct and should not be used.

> https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Neutron/LBaaS/Agent

The above pointer is to a LBaaS Agent which is very different from a
FWaaS driver (which was the original question in the email).

FWaaS does use pluggable drivers and the default is configured here:
https://github.com/openstack/neutron-fwaas/blob/master/etc/fwaas_driver.ini

For example for FWaaS driver implementation you can check here:
https://github.com/openstack/neutron-fwaas/tree/master/neutron_fwaas/services/firewall/drivers