[openstack-dev] [ironic]

Ganapathy, Sandhya sandhya.ganapathy at hp.com
Fri Feb 20 05:14:27 UTC 2015

Hi All,

I would like to discuss the Chassis Discovery Tool Blueprint - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/134866/

The blueprint suggests Hardware enrollment and introspection for properties at the Chassis layer. Suitable for micro-servers that have an active chassis to query for details.
Initially, the idea was proposed as an API change at the Ironic layer. We found many complexities such as interaction with conductor and the point of nodes in a chassis being mapped to different conductors.
So, decision was taken to keep it as a separate tool above the Ironic API layer.  It is a generic tool that can be plugged in for specific hardware.

There are different opinions from the community on this and it will be good to come to a consensus.

I have also added the topic as an agenda in the Ironic IRC meeting.

Thanks,
Sandhya