[openstack-dev] [nova] gate is fubar (again)

Matt Riedemann mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Fri Feb 20 01:54:02 UTC 2015

The novaclient 2.21 release had a bug in some bash completion code that
blows up the voting devstack cells job that runs exercises.  The bug
tracking the novaclient issue is:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1423695

We're blocking the 2.21 release in global-requirements to get master
unblocked:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/157619/

Then we're doing a revert of a change for bash completion in novaclient
to at least workaround the bug on trunk novaclient code:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/157591/

That, however, is blocked on icehouse being blocked due to the
neutronclient 2.3.11 release today which was uncapped on stable/icehouse
global-requirements, so we have this bug:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/python-neutronclient/+bug/1423753

There is a cap proposed for stable/icehouse:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/157606/

But that's blocked on some other requirements weirdness, looks like a
problem with openstackclient version requirements and other caps in
stable/icehouse.

Regarding the novaclient change, the plan is to get either the devstack
cells exercise job voting on novaclient changes again (which it was at
some point prior to the 2.21 release and should have caught this
problem), or get a functional test in novaclient that hits the bash
completion problem - then we can revert the revert and make that work
with the current code on master.

I might have missed something but figured it'd be good to get this out
so people are aware that things are busted, again.

Matt Riedemann