[openstack-dev] Pluggable Auth for clients and where should it go

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 19:54:43 UTC 2015

On Wed, Feb 18, 2015 at 1:29 PM, Kevin Benton <blak111 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Perhaps I am misunderstanding, but doesn't the OSC support for pluggable
> auth just come for free from Neutron's perspective? (i.e. we don't have to
> make any Neutron-specific changes for that to work)

It does if/when the command layer were implemented in OSC.  It already
knows how to create a neutron client object and give it the plugin auth
info.

> What I was hoping here was that we could get something in the Neutron
> client that works with the older auth plugins written for the Nova client
> to support setups not using OSC (specifically the Nova->Neutron
> interactions). I didn't mean that I didn't want to support OSC at all.

I think one thing needs to be clarified...what you are talking about is
utilizing keystoneclient's auth plugins in neutronclient.  Phrasing it as
'novaclient parity' reinforces the old notion that novaclient is the model
for doing things.  It is no longer that...and maybe not even the right
example of how to use auth plugins even though jamielennox did most of that
work.

dt

--

Dean Troyer