[openstack-dev] [neutron][lbaas]Topics and possible fomats for LBaaS in OpenStack/Vancouver

Samuel Bercovici SamuelB at Radware.com
Wed Feb 18 19:53:33 UTC 2015

Hi Everyone,

Based on the last IRC, I thought we could start a discussion on ML on topics and then maybe on how we want to discuss durin the summit.
Follows some items we may wish to discuss:

1.       LBaaS API additions (assuming TLS and L7 will be there):

a.       L3 based traffic routing - LB, listener, pool selection based on source IP network classes

b.      TLS phase 2:

                                                               i.      Client side re-encryption

                                                             ii.      Client certificates

c.       Service Insertion models (in addition to proxy based)

                                                               i.      Transparent mode

d.      Object sharing (yes/no)

                                                               i.      Pools

e.      Monitoring APIs

                                                               i.      Integration with Ceilometer

f.        Batch updates - create a full configuration graph and control when it get scheduled

2.       Quota support (ex: max number of LBs, listeners, TLS certificates, etc.)

3.       HEAT integration

4.       Horizon Support

5.       LBaaS API extensions - ability to add "experimental and vendor APIs"

Regards,
                -Sam.