[openstack-dev] Pluggable Auth for clients and where should it go

Tim Bell Tim.Bell at cern.ch
Wed Feb 18 19:16:43 UTC 2015

Asking on the operators mailing list may yield more examples where people are using the Neutron client.

From the CERN perspective, we use OSC heavily now it has Kerberos and X.509 support. With the new support of Keystone V3 in the Nova python client, we are interested in extending this support to these methods.

While we are in the process of planning our Nova network to Neutron migration (and thus our Neutron usage is limited to testing currently), it would be attractive if the OSC support Neutron operations with these authentication methods. Worst case, following the same structure as Nova would allow us to work with others interested in Kerberos and X.509 for a single set of patches so we would strongly prefer the same plug in approach for Neutron as used by Nova (compared to re-inventing the wheel).

Tim