[openstack-dev] Use of egg snapshots of neutron code in neutron-*aas projects/distributing openstack

Doug Wiegley dougwig at parksidesoftware.com
Tue Feb 17 20:09:16 UTC 2015

There's no need for additional neutron packaging.  The real trick is that the neutron-*aas packages need to have a package dependency of neutron, and whichever release of openstack they're all cut with, they just have to match. Put another way, use your existing neutron package from the same release, just make sure it's there if an *aas is installed.

Tox does those egg games because putting neutron in requirements.txt causes other problems.

When kilo gets a stable branch, that tox.ini will need to point at stable/kilo instead of master. But that shouldn't affect packaging.

Ultimately, I'm hoping we can split out the library code, to make things saner: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/154736/

Thanks,
doug