[openstack-dev] [Mistral] Changing "expression" delimiters in Mistral DSL

Renat Akhmerov rakhmerov at mirantis.com
Tue Feb 17 07:37:41 UTC 2015

Along with <% %> syntax here are some other alternatives that I checked for YAML friendliness with my short comments:

p1: ${1 + $.var}    	# Here it’s bad that $ sign is used for two different things
p2: ~{1 + $.var}    	# ~ is easy to miss in a text
p3: ^{1 + $.var}    	# For someone may be associated with regular expressions
p4: ?{1 + $.var}
p5: <{1 + $.var}>	# This is kinda crazy
p6: e{1 + $.var}	# That looks a pretty interesting option to me, “e” could mean “expression” here.
p7: yaql{1 + $.var}	# This is interesting because it would give a clear and easy mechanism to plug in other expression languages, “yaql” here is a used dialect for the following expression
p8: y{1 + $.var}	# “y” here is just shortened “yaql"

Any ideas and thoughts would be really appreciated!

Renat Akhmerov
@ Mirantis Inc.