[openstack-dev] [keystone] Depraction of the auth_token fragments

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Sun Feb 15 23:51:13 UTC 2015

On 02/16/2015 12:24 AM, Morgan Fainberg wrote:
> So, let me just say that while I do not have a timeline on the removal
> of auth fragments, since it is deprecated assume that this should no
> longer be used if there is an alternative (which there is). I am willing
> to continue with the discussion on reversing course, but consider the
> deprecation notice the “far in advance” warning that they are going away
> (isn’t that what deprecation is?).
>
> —Morgan

Well, the thing is, I'd like to write some code to actually *remove* the
auth fragments from configuration files openstack-pkg-tools will see,
when that support will actually be removed upstream. Until then, it
isn't nice to do this maintenance work if an admin is using it (despite
the deprecation).

So yes, if we really are to remove it (which again, I'd prefer not to
happen), then I would need a more specific time-frame. No, the actual
message of deprecation isn't helpful enough for me to decide when to
implement the switch, especially considering that it's been 2 cycles
we're seeing it, and no feature removal happened.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)