[openstack-dev] [keystone] Depraction of the auth_token fragments

Clint Byrum clint at fewbar.com
Sun Feb 15 01:56:00 UTC 2015

Excerpts from Thomas Goirand's message of 2015-02-14 16:48:01 -0800:
> Hi,
>
> I've seen messages in the logs telling that we should move to the
> identity_uri.
>
> I don't really like the identity_uri which contains all of the
> information in a single directive, which means that a script that would
> edit it would need a lot more parsing work than simply a key/value pair
> logic. This is error prone. The fragments don't have this issue.
>
> So, could we decide to:
> 1/ Not remove the auth fragments
> 2/ Remove the deprecation warnings

Automation has tended away from parsing and editting files in place for
a long time now. Typically you'd have a source of truth with all the
values, and a tool to turn that into a URL during file generation. This
isn't error prone in my experience.

I don't really know why the single URL is preferred, but I don't think
the argument that "it makes parsing and editting the config file with
external tools" is strong enough to roll this deprecation back.