[openstack-dev] [Ironic] Move agent built tools into openstack/coreos-image-builder

Jay Faulkner jay at jvf.cc
Sat Feb 14 00:43:11 UTC 2015

Hi all,

At the Ironic mid-cycle sprint in San Francisco, we talked a bit about ramdisk image building and where it should be located. Currently the ramdisk build tooling for the ironic-python-agent CoreOS ramdisk lives entirely in the ironic-python-agent repo. This isn’t ideal, as we’d like to reuse this code to create ramdisks for ironic-discoverd and potentially other things.

To that end; I’ve proposed https://review.openstack.org/#/c/155868/ to add openstack/coreos-image-builder. The initial repository is a direct filter-branch from the imagebuild/ directory in ironic-python-agent, but I expect to quickly refactor it into something more generic (would like to do that work in gerrit; hence proposing it now) in order for other projects to be able to consume this at their leisure.

Thanks all!

-Jay Faulkner