[openstack-dev] [glance] Cleanout of inactive change proposals from review

James E. Blair corvus at inaugust.com
Fri Feb 13 16:44:29 UTC 2015

"Kuvaja, Erno" <kuvaja at hp.com> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> We have almost year old (from last update) reviews still in the queue
> for glance. The discussion was initiated on yesterday's meeting for
> adopting abandon policy for stale changes.

Hi,

Abandoning changes submitted by other people is not a good experience
for people who are contributing to OpenStack, but fortunately, it is not
necessary.

Our current version of Gerrit supports a rich syntax for searching,
which you can use to create personal or project dashboards.  It is quite
easy to filter out changes that appear old or inactive, without the
negative experience of having them abandoned.

Many projects, including all of the infra projects (which see a
substantial number of changes) are able to function without
automatically abandoning changes.

If you could identify why you feel the need to abandon other peoples
changes, I'm sure we can find a resolution.

-Jim