[openstack-dev] [nova] release request for python-novaclient

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Fri Feb 13 00:55:00 UTC 2015

This was discussed in the nova meeting this morning. In that meeting
we declared ourselves unwedged and ready to do a release, and I said
I'd do that today.

On reflection, I want to recant just a little -- I think its a bad
idea for me to do a release on a Friday. So, I'll do this early next
week instead.

Michael

On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 8:51 AM, Joe Gordon <joe.gordon0 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 9, 2015 at 7:55 PM, Michael Still <mikal at stillhq.com> wrote:
>>
>> The previous policy is that we do a release "when requested" or when a
>> critical bug fix merges. I don't see any critical fixes awaiting
>> release, but I am not opposed to a release.
>>
>> The reason I didn't do this yesterday is that Joe wanted some time to
>> pin the stable requirements, which I believe he is still working on.
>> Let's give him some time unless this is urgent.
>>

> So to move this forward, lets just pin novaclient on stable branches. so the
> longer term pin all the reqs isn't blocking this.
>
> Icehouse already has a cap, so we just need to wait for the juno cap to
> land:
>
> https://review.openstack.org/154680
>

>> Michael
>>
>> On Tue, Feb 10, 2015 at 2:45 PM, melanie witt <melwittt at gmail.com> wrote:

>> > Thanks for bringing this up -- there are indeed a lot of important
>> > features and fixes on master.
>> >
>> > I agree we should do a release as soon as possible, and I don't think
>> > there's any reason to wait until closer to Kilo.
>> >
>> > melanie (melwitt)

>> --
>> Rackspace Australia

Rackspace Australia